Welcome to the
"Small Business Development Centers" Network
The Iraq Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) Network provides support for businesses throughout Iraq. The SBDCs serve as a resource to private business, the Government of Iraq, national and international development agencies to expand the growth of the private sector in Iraq. Selected SBDCs offer training in business, computer and language skills, workforce development and management skills requested by international companies and Small & Medium Enterprises alike. Through working relationships with Micro Finance Institutions, Banks, and other financial institutions the SBDCs have supported entrepreneurs in preparation of Business Plans and Loan Applications to start and to improve Iraqi businesses.
The Iraq SBDC Network has well established partnerships and business relationships with a broad range of international development organizations, government ministries, and private corporations, thereby enabling them to continue to play an important role in supporting provincial private sector development and economic growth initiatives:
- United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI)
- Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- International Relief & Development (IRD)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Mercy Corps
- National Democratic Institute (NDI)
- Relief International
The Iraq SBDC network is a valuable resource that provides the necessary knowledge, guidance and business linkages that Iraqi companies need to thrive in a competitive business environment. A wide range of business development services offered by the SBDCs help lay the foundation for building a successful and rewarding business.
Below are services and activities that the Iraq SBDC network provides:
- Managerial trainings for start-up and established businesses.
- Specialized managerial training courses for Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises in marketing and financial management.
- Business consulting and business counseling services.
- Feasibility studies and business planning services for SMEs.
- Workforce development programs for medium and large size enterprises.
- Business directories and business information services for private investors.
- Organizing exhibitions, trade fairs, job fairs, and conferences.
- Access to market services, and business to business linkages.
- Provide access to financial services and credit for SMEs.
- And other business related services and activities for the local business communities.
Scroll over the map and know more about the SBDC in your area...